ANATOMY, BOOTING, CASTING & POWER TOOL TRIMMING 2 DAY CLINIC with Jeannean Mercuri
June, 2019 Dates TBA
$150 each day, $300 for both days
Day #1 – Anatomy, Trimming and Dissection – each student will get a cadaver leg, we will likely be limited to 8 legs so we may have to share. These cadaver legs have been radiographed so we will have those to review as well!
Day #2 – booting, casting, grinder trimming
Each day will have the potential for live horse demonstration depending on the skill level and interest of the students!
Students will be responsible for their own meals.
If possible, students should bring their own tools (gloves, apron, nippers, rasp, knife, hoof pick and stand) but we will have some to share if need be especially for those flying.
-Students will be working with a cadaver hoof for anatomy and trimming clues, followed by trimming on live horses.
~This clinic fulfills the Anatomy Beginning clinic requirement for PHCP.
Booting, casting & power tool:
– Booting, casting & power tools
– how to fit and use a wide variety of boots including all of the EasyCare boots, Renegades, Soft Rides, Cavallo, Equine Fusion etc. based on performance, rehab needs or rider needs
– how & when to use hoof casting
– which padding options to utilize for various pathologies and rehab needs
– how to perform modifications and repairs to boots
– safety with a grinder
– trimming hooves with power tools
– shoe removal for ease and comfort to both horse and trimmer (if a shod horse can be supplied by an attendee.)
~This clinic fulfills the Booting and Shoe Removal Beginning clinic requirement for PHCP.
PayPal accepted to
Send checks to:
Jeannean Mercuri ~ The Hoof Fairy LLC
103 Woodlot Rd
Ridge, NY 11961
-$75 deposit to reserve your spot in the clinic.
– If there are not enough attendees and the clinic is cancelled, deposits will be refunded immediately.
If you cancel $75 of the payment is non refundable, no exceptions.
Contact Jeannean Mercuri for further information.
~Anatomy clinic is approved for 8 PHCP Educational or Continuing Education credits.
~Booting clinic is approved for 8 PHCP Educational or Continuing Education credits.
~Power Tool & Casting is approved for 2 PHCP Elective or Continuing Education credits.